After judgment is entered against you the Plaintiff or judgment holder may request the court to require that you complete a sworn Fact Information Sheet after judgment. The sole purpose of this form is to force you to tell the judgment holder how to find your assets (money or property) and help them seize your property in satisfaction of the debt. If you are ordered to complete the Fact Information Sheet after judgment you will be required to disclose:

  1. Your name and address;
  2. Personal Identification Information (Social Security Number; Driver’s License Number);
  3. Employer;
  4. Your pay rate and the amount of your income;
  5. Marital status and your spouse’s name;
  6. The names of your children and any child support alimony obligations you have;
  7. Your banks and corresponding account numbers;
  8. Your vehicles; and
  9. Identify any real estate you own.

You will also be required to provide your last pay stub, your last three bank statements, registration and title to your vehicles, deeds to property you own or a copy of your lease, any loan application for the prior three years, and your last two income tax returns.

If you are married and the judgment holder can meet the predicate necessary to seek your spouse’s financial worth you may also be required to disclose their assets. For more information on the disclosing your spouse’s finances to debt collectors click this link to our Blog: Assets of Your Spouse After Judgment.

Even if Final Judgment has been entered against you and the judgment holder is entitled to know what assets you have, that does not mean they are automatically entitled to garnish or seize your property. The state of Florida may protect your property through exemptions and limitations on what can be seized by creditors. For more information on Florida Exemptions available to protect your assets from creditors please follow this link to our Blog: After Judgment Exemptions.

If Final Judgement is imminent or has already been entered against you we may be able to help. Please call Matthew C. Bothwell, Esq. for a FREE CONSULTATION to learn about your rights and discuss your options. We are here to help.